top of page
Women for the Nations
Ten Curses of Eve
The teaching of the Babylonian Talmud, in the "ten curses of Eve," can be clearly seen in the traditional interpretation of Genesis 3:16.
TEN CURSES UTTERED AGAINST EVE
1. ‘Greatly multiply’ refers to ministration, etc.;
2. ‘thy sorrow’ in rearing children;
3. ‘thy conception’;
4. ‘in sorrow shalt thou bring forth children’;
5. ‘thy desire shall be unto they husband’; [the word desire defined with profanity];
6. 'He shall rule over thee' [more, and profanity] ;
7. 'she is wrapped up like a mourner,' i. e.
8. 'dares not appear in public with her head uncovered';
9. 'is restricted to one husband, while he may have many wives';
10. 'and is confined to the house as to a prison."
bottom of page