Ten Curses of Eve
The teaching of the Babylonian Talmud, in the "ten curses of Eve," can be clearly seen in the traditional interpretation of Genesis 3:16.
TEN CURSES UTTERED AGAINST EVE
1. ‘Greatly multiply’ refers to ministration, etc.;
2. ‘thy sorrow’ in rearing children;
3. ‘thy conception’;
4. ‘in sorrow shalt thou bring forth children’;
5. ‘thy desire shall be unto they husband’; [the word desire defined with profanity];
6. 'He shall rule over thee' [more, and profanity] ;
7. 'she is wrapped up like a mourner,' i. e.
8. 'dares not appear in public with her head uncovered';
9. 'is restricted to one husband, while he may have many wives';
10. 'and is confined to the house as to a prison."